Okay people I know I have been away for a bit but I have an explanation, it had something to do with my new year’s resolution (long story). Anyway, I got this email from a friend and I ended up making my own modifications to it. I know that the title says “you are African…”, but if Nigerian, Ghananese (oops Ghanaian), Ethiopian etc. suits you, you can write something fun that relates to you. So here we go…
You are African if?
- You unwrap all your gifts carefully, so that you can reuse the wrapper.
- You call a person you’ve never met before brother, sister, uncle or aunty.
- Your garage is always full of stuff because you never throw anything away, just in case you need it someday.
- 95% of the time you have to pay for excess baggage at the Airport.
- At least one child haa a funny nickname (Akpos, Bomboy, etc)
- You stuff your pockets with, mints and toothpicks at restaurants. (Murray mints, wrappers, salt shakers, tom tom, etc)
- Your mother has a minor disagreement with her sister and does not talk to her for 10 years.
- You never have less than 20 people to meet you at the airport or see you off even if it is a local flight.
- You keep changing your Internet Service Provider and Cable/Dish because of free offers.
- Office supplies mysteriously find their way to your home.(Yes,staple machine, office pins, punch machine,cellotapes, post-its,etc. )
- When you are young, your parents buy you clothes and shoes at least two sizes too big so that they would last longer.
- Dont think that someone eating with their hands is ackward or out of place.